Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rosenbalms of Damascus

A few months ago, I stopped at Zion United Methodist Church near Damascus, Virginia, to locate Rosenbalm graves there. To my delight, a couple of ladies were in the church parking lot, so I just had to introduce myself and ask a few questions about the Rosenbalms. Fortunately for me, one of the ladies began to tell me about the old homeplace, which just happened to be over the hill from the church. Away we went!

She actually showed me two old houses, one of which has been identified as the oldest in the county, and possibly the oldest in the state. A descendant is about to combine the two old homes into a new one.

I love it when I'm blessed with a special encounter like that!

2 comments:

WR said...

My name is Wes Rosenbalm can you give me the address of the old Rosenbalm place. I would love to drive by it. Thanks

Janni said...

Located on County Rd 712 (Zion Church Rd), Taylor, VA