Sunday, August 31, 2008

Visit with Aunt Dicie (Loveday) Kelly

After gathering the basic framework of our family tree, one of the first visits I made was with my sister to see our Great Aunt Dicey Kelly (b. April 2, 1888). She was my grandfather Jesse James Loveday's sister, and she lived near the old mill in Pigeon Forge, TN. Among the things we learned from her was that her mother Callie's father, John Spurgeon, was a farmer who had lived to be 100 years old and still had all his teeth but one!

Dicey helped us straighten out some names and relationships, and she was a lot of fun to visit. She was a wealth of information, and we hoped to visit again. However, she passed away on July 16, 1972, and many family stories were lost with her death.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dicie Loveday Kelly was my grandmother. My father was her oldest son and child, Blaine Kelley. I know so very little about her family. Can you please contact me at skelleyco@yahoo.com Your blog is the most information I have ever seen. Thank you.
Sandy Kelley Crawford